The Green River Festival#greenriverfest Home ▸ Festivals ▸ United States ▸ Massachusetts ▸ Greenfield ▸ The Green River Festival
Please note that due to the COVID-19 pandemic, many events around the world are being cancelled or postponed. Please be sure to visit the official website of any event you are planning to attend to ensure that is has not been canceled.
Greenfield, Massachusetts, United States
The next The Green River Festival will be happening sometime in the future.
Ages: From 0 To 100
Connect with The Green River Festival
GREEN RIVER FESTIVAL/SIGNATURE SOUNDS 32 MASONIC ST., NORTHAMPTON, MA 01060
This festival's page is updated and maintained by volunteers and moderators. This festival has not been claimed yet. Please contact us to update any out of date information.
If you are associated with this festival then you may claim this entry and keep the data up to date.
About The Green River Festival
Words from the Festival
"The Green River Festivalis Western Massachusetts' signature summer event. For one weekend every July, Greenfield Community College hosts an outrageous celebration of world class music, great local food, beer & wine, a handmade craft fair, and lots of family games and activities. We top it all off with four hot air balloon launches and a spectacular Saturday night balloon glow.
IT'S ALL ABOUT THE MUSIC
The Green River Festival has hosted dozens of legendary performers from many genres of music from folk to indie rock, reggae to Cajun & Zydeco, Alt. Country to blues and everything in between.This musical smorgasbord unfolds with over 30 bands on three stages featuring easy access plus great sound and sight lines. Youre guaranteed to discover your next favorite band.
BRING THE KIDS
The festival provides a most welcoming environment for families. Children under 10 are FREE! We have childrens music performers, ahugeArt Garden, all-ages, art activities tent, low cost games, circus acts, a Mardi Gras parade and lots of surprises. We also have acres of lush lawn for a good game of Frisbee.
The Pioneer Valley is home to hundreds of great restaurants, and weve invited the best to come and cook for you. Whatever you crave, youll find it at the festival from burgers and pizza to ethnic and vegetarian specialties. Top it all off with a variety of dessert and beverage options.
COME THIRSTY (BEER & WINE!)
The Green River Festival is happy to welcome The Berkshire Brewing Companys beer and wine tent. Now you can enjoy a premium micro-brew or glass of local wine at the festival.
The festival also features the Makers Market - a collection of regional artisans with a spectacular array of handmade crafts, jewelry, clothing, and more. We also have face-painting, henna artists and massage therapists.
Interested in vending?Head over to the F.A.Q. page for more information.
We are proud to offer camping at the Franklin County Fairgrounds -- just 2 miles from the festival.Head over to the CAMPING page for more information.
THE ULTIMATE EXPERIENCE
Why not include a once in a lifetime event as part of your festival experience? We have FOUR hot air balloon launches throughout the weekend and rides are available. Theres nothing like floating over the festival and down the valley on a lovely summer evening. Dont forget the camera. "
Rate The Green River Festival
In The News!
- Up, up and away at the Green River Festival - The Recorder Jul 15, 2019
- Greenfieldâs Green River Festival is back for its 33rd year - WWLP.com Jul 12, 2019
- Indie-pop icons Deerhoof kick off Green River Pre-Party with locals Carinae, Hot Dirt and Tundrastomper - The Recorder Jun 27, 2019
- Still going strong at 33 years: The Green River Festival returns July 12-14 - GazetteNET Jun 27, 2019
- Full Green River Festival lineup announced - The Recorder Mar 07, 2019
- Green River Festival Announces First Artists: First Aid Kit, Wood Brothers, The Devil Makes Three, Rhiannon Giddens, Tyler Childers - Glide Magazine Jan 14, 2019
- The Green River Festival Details Initial 2019 Lineup - JamBase Jan 10, 2019
- Music, balloons and fun for all: Green River Festival brings back old favorites, adds a few new events - The Recorder Jul 05, 2017
- Green River Festival 2018 Ignites With Amy Helm, Old Crow Medicine Show, Twisted Pine, Birds of Chicago Jul 21, 2018
- Green River Festival provides all the fixings Jul 19, 2018
- Valley Show Girl: Family Fun Day at Green River Festival Jul 17, 2018
- In 32nd year, Green River Festival aims to be bigger, greener than ever Jul 4, 2018
- Warm, sunny weather greets Green River Festival goers Jul 14, 2018
- Going greener at Green River Festival means going through garbage Jul 16, 2018