Big Valley Jamboree#bigvalleyjamboree Home ▸ Festivals ▸ Canada ▸ Alberta ▸ Camrose ▸ Big Valley Jamboree
Please note that due to the COVID-19 pandemic, many events around the world are being cancelled or postponed. Please be sure to visit the official website of any event you are planning to attend to ensure that is has not been canceled.
Big Valley Jamboree
This is the general information page for Big Valley Jamboree. For specific events/years follow the links below.
Camrose, Alberta, Canada
Aug 03, 2023 - Big Valley Jamboree 2023 starts in 186 days!
Annual Summer festival
Ages: From 0 To 100
Connect with Big Valley Jamboree
This festival's page is updated and maintained by volunteers and moderators. This festival has not been claimed yet. Please contact us to update any out of date information.
If you are associated with this festival then you may claim this entry and keep the data up to date.
About Big Valley Jamboree
Words from the festival
"In 1992 the owner/operators of Big Valley jamboree, Craven Saskatchewan were looking for a location to host a second festival in Alberta. Big Valley, Alberta was chosen as the original location; name and geography being one of the main deciding factors.
In September of 1992 the promoters hosted a weekend rock concert headlined by Bryan Adams. Mother nature unleashed her fury and a freak snow storm devastated what was to be a spectacular event. Although the site location had a spectacular view, road access, services and amenities were not available to handle the potential crowds expected for an annual event. The spring of 1993 saw the promoters once again searching for a new home for the country music festival.
The Camrose Regional Exhibition (CRE) was in the process of resurrecting the annual summer fair; moving from its original city centre location to what is now the exhibition grounds on the east end of the city. The BVJ promoters approached the CRE with the idea of taking over the annual fair weekend; brining International and national artists to the community. After much deliberation, the CRE Board of Directors voted to cancel the production of the Camrose Country Fair and work with the BVJ promoters offering a facility and community services to accommodate a high profile music festival.
So there is no big valley, no hills, no river, but the Big Valley Jamboree name has significance and history. Its over 25 years later, the festival has been named CCMA Country Music Event of the Year 5 times which would indicate that the original promoters had a valid idea; Alberta is a great place for a country music festival. And Camrose is proud to be the city of choice!"
Rate Big Valley Jamboree
In The News!
- Big Valley Jamboree releases 2020 artist lineup - Global News Nov 08, 2019
- Riding high, Billy Ray Cyrus returns to Big Valley Jamboree - CBC.ca Aug 02, 2019
- 2019 Big Valley Jamboree to allow drinking, dancing in main stage area - Global News May 14, 2019
- Country music legend Pam Tillis and Alberta performers added to Big Valley Jamboreeâs 2019 lineup - Global News Feb 05, 2019
- Big Valley Jamboree early bird ticket deadline nears - St. Albert Gazette Jan 28, 2019
- Country music legend Toby Keith added to 2019 Big Valley Jamboree lineup - Global News Jan 15, 2019
- Big victory at Big Valley Aug 15, 2018
- St. Albert singer wins top prize at Big Valley contest Aug 28, 2018
- Big Valley stage changes fail to thrill some hard-core fans Aug 4, 2018
- Big Valley Jamboree isn't about the music for some attendees Aug 5, 2018
- Billy Ray Cyrus cancels Big Valley Jamboree performance due to plane problems Aug 3, 2018
- Calm before the Big Valley Jamboree storm Jul 27, 2018